Saturday, October 3, 2015

How to Fold an AIDS Crane - The Origami Paper Crane (the Bird) for HIV/AIDS Awareness



Here are visual instructions on how to fold an origami paper crane. Sorry I use the word paper, for the search engines. Origami is understood as using paper.

Start with a square paper. Normally we have 8 1/2 x 11 inch bond paper lying around, so cut a square from it. I made miniature birds for my dolls, and I folded 1 3/4 inch squares for them, and used the narrowest red ribbons I can get.

You can print or copy the steps and post on your sites, but I would appreciate a link back to this blog. There are 4 jpegs, which have been sized for 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper.

Make the AIDS Crane by gluing or sewing the HIV/AIDS Awareness Ribbons to the beaks of the cranes. That pyramid-looking back part of the bird can be spread out, so the bird becomes 3-dimensional. Go to YouTube for the way to hold the 4 areas below the wings to slowly flatten the back. You can string the birds, balancing where you would attach the cord so they look like they are flying. You can make mobiles from several birds. 

You can also make pins by not opening out the wings, leaving them pointed upwards, and attaching the ribbon to one wing and taping or gluing a safety pin on the other.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will approve as soon as possible