Monday, June 20, 2011

A doll's face on December 23 2010 - Saying goodbye to my camera



I lost my Nikon camera last Saturday. I don't think I left it at the Dana Hotel's Vertigo Sky Lounge (it's a bar). My group had a thing to do, so I was there early at 3 p.m. to help out. The party was to start at 4 p.m. I had no plans to drink early, I had a bottle of Diet Mountain Dew. Angel, the host, threw it out, because he didn't know it was mine, and he offered to get me a drink, but I refused. I got drunk later on when everything was fine and Angel didn't need me anymore. My friend Gabriel was supposed to help out as well, but he had an appointment. When his appointment was over, he came to the venue. 

I was just lucky to have Gabriel follow me because we went home together, I remember going down the elevator, walking a few to the McDonald's next to the train stop, and after that I seem to have lost track of time. I recall he bought two bags of food at McDonald's, he ate his on the train while I clutched mine, I remember I dropped a burger on the train, picked it up and put it back in the bag, I remember walking home and as soon as he went into his apartment and I got into mine, I immediately slept on my floor, and tried to get over my drunken stupor by sleeping it off. That must have been around 7 p.m., but it seemed like time flew, like the exit out of the hotel and into my place only took a few minutes. I woke  up groggy around after midnight, and then I ate the bag of McDonald's. Even then I ate a double cheeseburger and the second one I couldn't taste enough to figure out if it was a fish fillet or a McChicken. The third thing was an apple pie.


I just want to say goodbye to my camera. I probably deserve losing it. I seldom get drunk and last Saturday, I was not in my safe place, but looking at the photographs (and videos I have yet to post), from that Nikon camera, and at the date I took it, December 23rd, I get the feeling I would get rewarded later on, as long as I keep improving my craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will approve as soon as possible