Sunday, January 9, 2011

Progress Report

Since I started this blog, which I did when I was in Austin TX, I have made a lot of progress with the doll project.

I got lazy doing this blog.  I have been wondering if people would be interested in my journey or if they simply just want the finished art.  However, once in a while, it occured to me that a lot of people might want to see the process and how I am progressing to satisfy their curiosity or maybe some want to look into ceramics.

I have been working irregular hours on the dolls.  I would work for hours and some days I eventually sleep at 7 a.m. or even later, because you can get engrossed in the art / work if you like what you're doing.

Maybe, you, like me, also get dedicated to the point where you feel like you don't want to sleep if you have a momentum going.  If that is the case, and I wonder if you want some company -- I just joined Justin.TV, and I will be online every time I am working on my art.  If you want to be inspired, if you think you're the only one who is working in the wee hours of the night, alone, check me out online. If you see me working, then maybe you'll decide to work on stuff as well.

Kids, obviously, making an action figure or a doll is almost the same - they are both figures of men and women (or aliens / animals). If you want to see how I make a doll's face, I can make a nice-looking doll's face in less than 3 MINUTES.  Be reminded that working on ceramic clay, I race with time, because as the ceramic clay dries, there are procedures that need to be done while it is in liquid form, while it is drying, and when it is almost dry. So if you want me to make a quick demo, you sometimes might have to wait a few minutes before I can get up and get the polymer clay which is what I use for making the initial model or prototype. So follow me on Justin.tv/dollman.

I expect people to behave properly, especially on Justin.tv, because kids are watching.


Here is my Justin.tv channel: www.justin.tv/dollman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will approve as soon as possible