Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Espresso Coffee with Audrey Hepburn -- My Breakfast at Tiffany's Travel Mug

This entry may look trivial, but it was taken in 2012, around after I bought a Breakfast at Tiffany's travel mug. This way, I can have coffee with Audrey Hepburn, all through the wee hours of the night and sometimes early morning, while experimenting with how I would make the hair for the dolls.

Around August 2012, I went to a local gift shop with a lot of show and comic book memorabilia / merchandise. I've been there many times before just to check out what they had. They always have a lot of Doctor Who merchandise, and I remembered a few Torchwood mugs the last few times I visited. So I was there, ready to finally get a Torchwood coffee mug, because I'm a big fan, and unfortunately, they ran out of it. 
I saw this Breakfast at Tiffany's travel mug, so I got it. Breakfast at Tiffany's is not just a favorite movie for me, but I actually bought the small poster which had a stylized illustration of a full-body Audrey Hepburn. I used the proportions in the poster to come up with my current dolls. Porcelain shrinks, so my final dolls are shorter, down to around 13 inches tall, add a few graduals for the hair and the shoes.

I had grouped the pictures I would share on my blog, but I guess I got a little slow, editing the pics and coming up with the text for the blog entries, so I'm apologizing, it's now April 2013 and just beginning to upload and make this and a few other entries.

I feel it important to acknowledge what an inspiration Audrey Hepburn and her movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's has been, so I'm doing this blog entry.

Strangely enough, I am developing a parallel story about how I met a girl in my apartment building. I hope I get it written soon.

By the way, my twitter following has grown to 1400.  I still plan to raffle out a doll as soon as my Twitter followers reach the 3 million mark.

I will have more developments as I begin to put in more and more entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will approve as soon as possible